We are urgently searching for multiple Assistant Team Manager to work within a Complex and Inclusion team in Dudley. This contract is paying £30-32 p/h and the contract is on-going.
What you will be doing
• To provide professional leadership to a team of Social Workers and others to ensure that the service provided is effective and is delivering positive outcomes and develop a team of staff.
• To lead and develop behaviour and practice of team members and others to ensure high quality and effective social work practice is delivered.
• To facilitate collaboration with people who use services, their carers and families and a range of professionals of disparate organisation.
• Manage the performance and practice quality of a designated team.
• Undertake delegated budgetary responsibilities as determined by the Team Manager/Head of Service.
• Promote innovation in practice and be an exemplar of best practice across all tiers of the workforce.
• Have responsibility for the professional development of the team members by developing an environment that promotes learning and practice improvement.
• Participate in personal performance review and development and undertaking learning and development.
• Oversee and lead safeguarding S42 enquiries, chairing case conferences and planning meetings as appropriate.
• Be responsible for the use of workload management tools, using workload data to inform the organisations workload and risk management approaches.
• Support staff to maintain professional/personal boundaries.
• Promote a partnership approach to working with individuals, communities, families and carers.
• Monitor and review practice to ensure application of principles of social justice, inclusion and equality in decision making.
• Ensure practice is compliant with law.
• Be able to gather, analyse and review complex and /or contradictory information quickly and effectively, using it to reach informed professional decisions.
• Be able to work with and contain the anxiety of others in relation to risk and complex situations.
• Participate in the recruitment, selection and performance management of staff
What you'll need to succeed
• In depth experience within Adult Social Services.
• Management experience.
• The ability to motivate and guide other members of staff.
• Committed to providing positive outcomes to service users.
What you’ll get in return
• £30p/h-£32p/h dependent on experience
• Business miles payable
What we will offer you
• Dedicated Consultant with 17 years of recruiting high calibre contractors.
• Personal Compliance Manager with guaranteed 24 hour response.
• A Free DBS with application support from your Compliance Manager.
• Our Compliance Manager will help you develop your CV further if you register with us, free of charge.
• Payroll Promise – We will pull out all the stops to make sure you are always paid on time!
• Timesheet Service – A timesheet process that is designed around you.
• A locally based team of specialists in the Social Work Sector, with excellent geographical knowledge and contacts.
• Free educational conferences.
• Advice packs.
• Regular visits from your Consultant.
• Welcome pack of social work essentials and goodies for all new starters.
• Consultants who are available outside of normal office hours.
• Refer a Friend Scheme paying £250 for every successfully placed contractor. (T&C’s apply)
• Do you have the DBS Update Service on your DBS? If you register with us then we will refund you the cost. (T&C’s apply)
• £250 reward for bringing your own contract.
• A one stop shop for all of your social work recruitment needs.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the position please click the apply button and send us your CV, we will then get in touch with you in the next 24 hours. Do you want more details before deciding? Just give us a call on 0115 993 4282 to discuss further details or if you are looking for something different then please get in touch!
Please note that Mercia Recruitment (Social Care) Ltd will request a DBS in the event an applicant being offered a position. I also understand that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position.